A comprehensive, quick-reference guide to the diagnosis and management of peripheral artery disease for non-specialists
With an aging population subject to an increasing number of health risks, peripheral artery disease (PAD) is on the rise throughout the world. Because of PAD's direct links to heart attack and stroke, it is critical that internists, surgeons, cardiologists, radiologists, gerontologists, GPs, and family practitioners know how to recognize it and make the best treatment recommendations for their patients. This book provides all the expert, practical information and guidance they need to do just that.
Edited by two thought leaders in PAD diagnosis and treatment, and comprising chapters written by subject matter experts,Peripheral Artery Disease, Second Editionprovides clinicians with guidance on how to diagnose and treat one of the most under-diagnosed conditions affecting millions of patients. This updated and revised edition of the popular guide distills the complexities of PAD into clear, actionable advice for busy medical practitioners, providing them with the information they need—when they need it.
- Provides clinicians with essential information for recognizing and treating this under-diagnosed condition that affects millions of patients
- Distills the complexities of PAD, from diagnosis to traditional and emerging treatment options, into clear, actionable advice for clinicians
- Covers PAD epidemiology, office examination, imaging, laboratory evaluation, medical therapy, surgical interventions, endovascular treatments, and much more
- Reflects the latest PAD Guidelines and Performance Measures established by leading specialty societies
- Features contributions from internists and surgeons, all recognized experts in PAD
Peripheral Artery Disease, Second Editionis an important working reference for internists, cardiologists, radiologists, and surgeons, as well as fellows and residents in those fields.
Keywords: peripheral artery disease; pad; peripheral artery disease diagnosis; pad diagnosis; peripheral artery disease treatments; pad treatments; peripheral artery disease medical therapy; pad medical therapy; peripheral artery disease surgical treatment; pad surgical treatment; peripheral artery disease imaging; pad imaging; peripheral artery disease mri imaging; pad mri imaging; peripheral artery disease invasive imaging; pad invasive imaging; peripheral artery disease CT imaging; pad ct imaging; non-atherosclerosis peripheral artery disease; non-atherosclerosis pad; peripheral artery disease office examination; pad office examination; peripheral artery disease examination strategies; pad examination strategies; peripheral artery disease epidemiology; pad epidemiology; peripheral artery disease endovascular treatment; pad endovascular treatment; what is pad, Endovascular Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Endovascular Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease