Cox, John B.
ASAE Handbook of Professional Practices in Association Management
The ASAE Handbook of Professional Practices in Association Management covers the core functions of association management at a high but practical level, making it a go-to resource for professionals who are leading and managing membership organizations and those preparing for the Certified Association Executive (CAE) credential. Now in its third edition, this core text in the ASAE association literature offers practical, experience-based insights, strategies, and techniques for managing every aspect of an association or membership organization.
Organized into 35 chapters and presenting information based on experience and proven research into the skills and knowledge required for successfully managing an organization of any size, this book covers governance and structure, leadership processes, management and administration (including finance and human resources), internal and external relations, programs and services, and much more. This new edition incorporates increased emphasis on the c-level judgment required of Certified Association Executives and CEO-aspirants, as well as more comprehensive coverage of essential functions such as planning.
- Covers the range of functions essential to managing an association
- Serves as a flagship handbook for CAE prep and is one of only five designated "CAE Core Resources"; new edition is applicable to prep beginning with the May 2015 CAE exam
- Information is relevant and applicable to students and professionals alike
- Edited by the founding editor of Professional Practices in Association Management and a CAE instructor with more than 30 years of experience in preparing CAEs
Put the experts to work for you with this essential resource—written by association professionals and experts with 300 years of cumulative experience!
Keywords: ASAE Handbook of Professional Practices in Association Management; John B. Cox; CAE; ASAE; CAE preparation; CAE prep; CAE prep book; CAE prep books; handbook for CAE; handbook for CAE prep; handbook for CAE preparation; Handbook of Professional Practices in Association Management; Professional Practices in Association Management; Professional Practices; association management; CAE Core Resources
- Cox, John B.
- Radwan, Susan S.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 672 pages
- General Works
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN