This two-volume, state-of-the-art Handbook on the research and treatment of anxiety and related disorders is the most internationally and clinically oriented Handbook currently available, encompassing a broad network of researchers, from leading experts in the field to rising stars.
- The very first handbook to cover anxiety disorders according to the new DSM-5 criteria
- Published in two volumes, the International Handbook provides the most wide-ranging treatment of the state-of-the-art research in the anxiety disorders
- Offers a truly international aspect, including authors from different continents and covering issues of relevance to non-Western countries
- Includes discussion of the latest treatments, including work on persistence of compulsions, virtual reality exposure therapy, cognitive bias modification, cognitive enhancers, and imagery rescripting
- Covers treatment failures, transdiagnostic approaches, and includes treatment issues for children as well as the older population
- Edited by leaders in the field, responsible for some of the most important advances in our understanding and treatment of anxiety disorders
Keywords: Clinical Psychology, Anxiety disorders, agoraphobia, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, social phobia, epidemiology of anxiety disorders, etiology, transdiagnostic aspects, Neuroanatomy and neuroimaging, Neuroendocrinology and neurotransmitters, DSM-IV, ICD-10, DSM-5, ICD-11, obsessive compulsive disorder, hypochondriasis, body dysmorphic disorder, sexual anxiety, test anxiety, mixed depression, treatment of anxiety disorders, comorbid anxiety disorders, depression, personality disorders