- Thoroughly updated to reflect new evidence and emerging techniques, with new sections and numerous recent references leading you straight to the most important current research
- Includes two new chapters addressing key areas; anesthetic and sedative neurotoxicity in the patient with congenital heart disease (Chapter 9), and anesthesia in the patient with pulmonary hypertension (chapter 28)
- Includes procedural video presentations covering important aspects of congenital cardiac anesthetic practice, such as invasive monitoring catheter insertion, airway management, cardiopulmonary bypass techniques, and basic transesophageal echocardiography
- Now in full color, with over 200 illustrations and photographs
- Multiple-choice questions accompany each chapter covering the most crucial learning points to optimize the learning experience for readers at all levels
This updated edition is an essential resource for pediatric and adult anesthesiologists; pediatric and adult cardiothoracic surgeons – especially congenital heart disease specialists; pediatric and adult cardiologists; surgical nurses; and nurse anesthetists.
Keywords: Anesthesia for Congenital Heart Disease pediatric congenital cardiac anesthesia neurotoxicity anesthesia pulmonary hypertension Dean B. Andropoulos Stephen Stayer Emad B. Mossad Wanda C. Miller-Hance congenital cardiac anesthetic practice invasive monitoring catheter insertion airway management cardiopulmonary bypass techniques basic transesophageal echocardiography TEE, Congenital Heart Disease