Completely revised to reflect important changes in this year's tax laws, J.K. Lasser's 1001 Deductions & Tax Breaks 2014 will help you take advantage of every deduction, tax credit, or other tax break that you may be entitled to. This comprehensive guide is clearly organized by subject matter so you can easily find situations that may apply to you.
Each tax benefit is also clearly explained—along with the eligibility requirements for claiming the benefit—while planning tips and common pitfalls associated with the benefit in question are discussed in detail to help you make the most informed decisions possible. Alerts about expiring rules and future tax changes are also included throughout the book, so you can plan ahead.
- Discusses deductions, tax credits, and other breaks with regard to your family, home, car, job, investments, retirement, charitable giving, health coverage, and much more
- Packed with hundreds of updated examples, practical advice, and real-world examples
- Explains tax changes that are set to apply after 2013 that may affect your planning decisions
- Includes a free online supplement at JKLasser.com, which contains up-to-the-minute tax law changes
- Other titles by Barbara Weltman: J.K. Lasser's Small Business Taxes 2014
Filled with in-depth insights and expert advice, J.K. Lasser's 1001 Deductions & Tax Breaks 2014 is a book every taxpayer should own.
Keywords: Personal Finance / Consumer Tax, Barbara Weltman, J.K. Lasser, JK Lasser, Lasser, tax breaks, deductions, credits, tax preparation costs, passive activity income, foreign earned income exclusion, itemized medical expenses, mortgage credit certificate, adjusted gross income, jury duty pay, home office deductions, home sale exclusion, capital losses, health insurance premium tax credit, Affordable Care Act, individual mandate