In addition to revisions and updates, the second edition of “We Are Still Here” features new material, seeing this well-loved American History Series volume maintain its treatment of American Indians in the 20th century while extending its coverage into the opening decades of the 21st century.
- Provides student and general readers concise and engaging coverage of contemporary history of American Indians contributed by top scholars and instructors in the field
- Represents an ideal supplement to any U.S. or Native American survey text
- Includes a completely up-to-date synthesis of the most current literature in the field
- Features a comprehensive Bibliographical Essay that serves to aid student research and writing
- Covers American Indian history from 1890 through 2013
Keywords: 20th Century America, Indians, Native Americans, American Indians, indigenous people, tribal, tribal sovereignty, American Indian Movement, Wounded Knee, AIM, Repatriation, Gaming, Arts, Self-Identity, federal Indian policy, Indian law, economic development, education, language, revitalization, museums, sports