Sets the stage for advances in drug discovery using the latest enzyme technology
Reviewing new and emerging applications of enzyme technology in drug discovery, this book highlights some of the most promising areas of pharmaceutical and biotechnology research. It covers enzyme assay technology, utilization of enzymology for prodrug design, and the application of enzymes as therapeutic agents. Expert reviews highlight how our latest understanding of enzymology is used to develop new practical applications in drug discovery and design.
Filled with case studies, Enzyme Technologies: Pluripotent Players in Discovering Therapeutic Agents enables readers to better understand the diverse functions of enzymes and master specific applications in drug discovery research. In addition to small molecule drug discovery, the book explores new developments in enzymes as therapeutic agents for genetic disorders.
- Section A, Enzymes – Essential Workhorses in Pharmaceutical Research, offers support in selecting the best enzyme targets for drug discovery, designing enzyme inhibitors for therapeutic agents, and evaluating selective enzyme inhibitors.
- Section B, Enzymes – Indispensable Tools for Improving Druggability, sets forth the principles alongside real-world examples of exploiting specific properties of enzymes to design successful prodrugs.
- Section C, Enzymes – Powerful Weapons for Correcting Nature's Errors, provides new insights on applying enzymes as therapeutic agents or diagnostic tools to treat genetic disorders.
Chapters are contributed by leading experts from around the world. Their contributions are based on a thorough review of the current literature as well as their own research.
Reviewing our latest understanding of the nature of enzymes and their role in drug discovery, this book is recommended for researchers in pharmaceuticals and biotechnology as well as for researchers in enzymology, biochemistry, molecular biology, and medicinal chemistry.
Keywords: Enzyme Technologies: Pluripotent Players in Discovering Therapeutic Agents; J. R. McCarthy; Hsiu-Chiung Yang; Wu-Kuang Yeh; enzymatic assays; metabolomics glycomics; lipidomics; preclinomics, Drug Discovery & Development, Pharmaceutical & Medicinal Chemistry, Drug Discovery & Development, Pharmaceutical & Medicinal Chemistry
- McCarthy, J. R.
- Yang, Hsiu-Chiung
- Yeh, Wu-Kuang
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Chemical Biology of Enzymes for Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Applications
- Page amount
- 356 pages
- Gardening, Agriculture, Forestry
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN