Polymers are increasingly finding applications in the areas of energy storage and conversion. A number of recent advances in the polymer molecular structure control thereby tuning of the polymer properties have led to these applications. This book assimilates these advances in the form of a comprehensive text which includes the synthesis and properties of a large number of polymer systems for applications in the areas of lithium batteries, photovoltaics, solar cells, etc.
Polymers for Energy Storage and Conversion describes:
- PVAc-based polymer blend electrolytes for lithium batteries
- The structure and properties of polymer hydrogel with respect to its applications for low to intermediate temperature polymer electrolyte-based fuel cells
- Lithium polymer batteries based on ionic liquids
- Conjugated polymer-inorganic semiconductor composites
- The concept of the solar cell with the organic multiple quantum dots (MQDs)
- The solvent effects in polymer based organic photovoltaic devices
- The properties of the polymers which factor into their use for solar power both for niche applications as well as for large scale harvesting
- The use of macroporous organic polymers as materials for energy gas storage.
Keywords: Polymer Science & Technology General