- Assembles a stellar team of internationally renowned and interdisciplinary social thinkers and theorists
- Showcases 142 signed entries – from art, commodity, and fundamentalism to youth, utopia, the virtual, and the West – that capture the practices, institutions, and debates of contemporary society
- Builds on and updates Raymond Williams’s classic Keywords: A Vocabulary of Culture and Society, by reflecting the transformation in culture and society over the last 25 years
- Includes a bibliographic resource to guide research and cross-referencing
- The book is supported by a website: www.blackwellpublishing.com/newkeywords.
Keywords: role; raymond; society; generation; vocabulary; whole; culture; justly; williams; pivotal; academic; public; between; understandings; updates; transformation; new; williamss classic; original; keywords; entries, Literary & Cultural Theory, General Communication & Media Studies, Literary & Cultural Theory, General Communication & Media Studies