The new edition of this authoritative introduction to the philosophy of technology includes recent developments in the subject, while retaining the range and depth of its selection of seminal contributions and its much-admired editorial commentary.
- Remains the most comprehensive anthology on the philosophy of technology available
- Includes editors’ insightful section introductions and critical summaries for each selection
- Revised and updated to reflect the latest developments in the field
- Combines difficult to find seminal essays with a judicious selection of contemporary material
- Examines the relationship between technology and the understanding of the nature of science that underlies technology studies
Keywords: Philosophy of Technology, Philosophy of Technology, social philosophy, political philosophy, techne, natural knowledge, Enlightenment, Heidegger, Comte After Positivism, Continental Philosophy, positivism, analytic philosophy