Microgrids: Architectures and Control
Microgrids are the most innovative area in the electric power industry today. Future microgrids could exist as energy-balanced cells within existing power distribution grids or stand-alone power networks within small communities.
A definitive presentation on all aspects of microgrids, this text examines the operation of microgrids – their control concepts and advanced architectures including multi-microgrids. It takes a logical approach to overview the purpose and the technical aspects of microgrids, discussing the social, economic and environmental benefits to power system operation. The book also presents microgrid design and control issues, including protection and explaining how to implement centralized and decentralized control strategies.
- original, state-of-the-art research material written by internationally respected contributors
- unique case studies demonstrating success stories from real-world pilot sites from Europe, the Americas, Japan and China
- examines market and regulatory settings for microgrids, and provides evaluation results under standard test conditions
- a look to the future – technical solutions to maximize the value of distributed energy along with the principles and criteria for developing commercial and regulatory frameworks for microgrids
Offering broad yet balanced coverage, this volume is an entry point to this very topical area of power delivery for electric power engineers familiar with medium and low voltage distribution systems, utility operators in microgrids, power systems researchers and academics. It is also a useful reference for system planners and operators, manufacturers and network operators, government regulators, and postgraduate power systems students.
Asier Gil de Muro
Jose Miguel Yarza
Frank van Overbeeke
Rodrigo Palma Behnke
Joao Abel Pecas Lopes
Keywords: Smart Grid
- Hatziargyriou, Nikos
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Wiley - IEEE
- Page amount
- 344 pages
- Technology, Energy, Traffic
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN