A comprehensive guide to understanding and interpreting digital images in medical and functional applications
Biomedical Image Understanding focuses on image understanding and semantic interpretation, with clear introductions to related concepts, in-depth theoretical analysis, and detailed descriptions of important biomedical applications. It covers image processing, image filtering, enhancement, de-noising, restoration, and reconstruction; image segmentation and feature extraction; registration; clustering, pattern classification, and data fusion.
With contributions from experts in China, France, Italy, Japan, Singapore, the United Kingdom, and the United States, Biomedical Image Understanding:
- Addresses motion tracking and knowledge-based systems, two areas which are not covered extensively elsewhere in a biomedical context
- Describes important clinical applications, such as virtual colonoscopy, ocular disease diagnosis, and liver tumor detection
- Contains twelve self-contained chapters, each with an introduction to basic concepts, principles, and methods, and a case study or application
With over 150 diagrams and illustrations, this bookis an essential resource for the reader interested in rapidly advancing research and applications in biomedical image understanding.
Keywords: Biomedical imaging; segmentation; cardiac MRI; retinal vascular measurements; VAMPIRE; tissue morphologies; pattern recognition; image registration; 2D/3D registration; endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair; object tracking; motion tracking; classification; blood smear analysis; malaria infection detection; tumor segmentation; SVM framework; pathology characterization; lymph node metastasis; active shape model; contour detection, Biosignal Processing, Signal Processing, Biosignal Processing, Signal Processing
- Lim, Joo-Hwee
- Ong, Sim-Heng
- Xiong, Wei
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Wiley Series in Biomedical Engineering and Multi-Disciplinary Integrated Systems
- Page amount
- 496 pages
- Technology, Energy, Traffic
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN