A comprehensive guide to understanding and interpretingdigital images in medical and functional applications
Biomedical Image Understanding focuses on imageunderstanding and semantic interpretation, with clear introductionsto related concepts, in-depth theoretical analysis, and detaileddescriptions of important biomedical applications. It covers imageprocessing, image filtering, enhancement, de-noising, restoration,and reconstruction; image segmentation and feature extraction;registration; clustering, pattern classification, and datafusion.
With contributions from experts in China, France, Italy, Japan,Singapore, the United Kingdom, and the United States, BiomedicalImage Understanding:
- Addresses motion tracking and knowledge-based systems, twoareas which are not covered extensively elsewhere in a biomedicalcontext
- Describes important clinical applications, such as virtualcolonoscopy, ocular disease diagnosis, and liver tumordetection
- Contains twelve self-contained chapters, each with anintroduction to basic concepts, principles, and methods, and a casestudy or application
With over 150 diagrams and illustrations, this bookis anessential resource for the reader interested in rapidly advancingresearch and applications in biomedical image understanding.
Keywords: Imaging Systems & Technology, Biomedical imaging
Biomedical imaging, segmentation, cardiac MRI, retinal vascular measurements, VAMPIRE, tissue morphologies, pattern recognition, image registration, 2D/3D registration, endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, object tracking, motion tracking, classification, blood smear analysis, malaria infection detection, tumor segmentation, SVM framework, pathology characterization, lymph node metastasis, active shape model, contour detection
- Lim, Joo-Hwee
- Ong, Sim-Heng
- Xiong, Wei
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Wiley Series in Biomedical Engineering and Multi-Disciplinary Integrated Systems.
- Page amount
- 496 pages
- Technology, Energy, Traffic
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN