Chambers, Mark L.
OS X Mavericks All-in-One For Dummies
Your all-in-one guide to all things OS X Mavericks
This fun and friendly For Dummies guide is your ticket to taking advantage of all the features of Apple’s latest desktop operating system – OS X Mavericks. You’ll get to know OS X, customize Mavericks for your needs, become more productive, and take your system to a whole new level with eight minibooks dedicated to OS X essentials. Plus, you’ll learn how to keep your system safe, stay connected on the go, turn your Mac into a multimedia hub, and make your Mac happy with the over 200 new features found in OS X Mavericks.
- Includes eight minibooks: Introducing OS X, Customizing and Sharing, the Digital Hub, Using iWork, the Typical Internet Stuff, Networking in OS X, Expanding Your System, and Advanced OS X
- Covers new-to-OS X tools and features including iBooks, Maps, iCloud Keychain, Finder Tabs, and Tags plus the streamlined Calendar, Notifications, and Safari applications
- Shows you how to navigate around the desktop with Launchpad and Mission Control, build the Finder of your dreams, and sync your important stuff with iCloud
- Walks you through the fun stuff, too, including editing images in iPhoto, trying out your cinema skills with iMovie, rockin' out with GarageBand and iTunes, becoming a gaming guru, video-chatting with FaceTime, surfing the web with Safari, and more
Whether you want to test the OS X waters or just dive right in, OS X Mavericks All-in-One For Dummies is here to help guide your way.
Keywords: Operating Systems / Macintosh & iOS, OS X, OS 10, OS X Mavericks, OS 10 Mavericks, OS X Maverick, Mavericks, Apple OS X, Apple OS X Mavericks, using OS X, Apple operating system, OS X book, OS X help, OS X guide, OS X training, using OS X Mavericks, OS X Mavericks book, OS X Mavericks help, OS X Mavericks guide, OS X Mavericks training, using Mavericks, Mavericks book, Mavericks guide, Mavericks help, Mavericks training
- Chambers, Mark L.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 792 pages
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN