A modern and unique perspective on solar and geothermal technologies for heating and cooling buildings
This book will have a broad appeal reaching practising engineers in the industry as well as students. With introductory sections for each technology described, material includes chapters on: geothermal energy use for the heating and cooling of buildings; a chapter on electrically driven heat pumps/chillers; material on night radiative cooling, photovoltaic thermal collectors, temperature modelling and thin film photovoltaic modelling.
- Includes general introductory sections for each technology with market potential and applications
- Covers an increasingly important component of energy courses
- Considers a broad range of alternative renewable energy supplies relevant to the building sector, such as geothermal energy with heat pump
- With a special focus on solar cooling, provides detailed physical models of all technologies and example calculations
- Unique in covering the fundamentals of meteorological modelling
Keywords: Energy Efficiency