- New, thoroughly revised edition of this essential Middle English textbook.
- Introduces the language of the time, giving guidance on pronunciation, spelling, grammar, metre, vocabulary and regional dialects.
- Now includes extracts from ‘Pearl’ and Chaucer’s ‘Troilus and Criseyde’.
- Bibliographic references have been updated throughout.
- Each text is accompanied by detailed notes.
Keywords: literature; range; textbook introduces; england between; wide; authoritative; readers; introduction; book; language; time; reader; pieces; english; representative; middle; country; parts; different; period; pronunciation, Linguistics Special Topics, Medieval History (500-1500), Linguistics Special Topics, Medieval History (500-1500)