The second edition of this successful text features the addition of Robert Foley, a leading researcher in Human Evolutionary Studies, to the writing team. Strong emphasis on evolutionary theory, ecology and behavior and scores of new examples reflect the latest evolutionary theories and recent archaeological finds. More than a simple update, the new edition is organized by issue rather than chronology, integrating behavior, adaptation and anatomy. A new design and new figure references make this edition more accessible for students and instructors.
- New author, Robert Foley – leading figure in Human Evolutionary Studies – joins the writing team.
- Dedicated website – www.blackwellpublishing.com/lewin – provides study resources and artwork downloadable for Powerpoint presentations.
- Beyond the Facts boxes – explore key scientific debates in greater depth.
- Margin Comments – indicate the key points in each section.
- Key Questions – review and test students’ knowledge of central chapter concepts and help focus the way a student approaches reading the text.
- New emphasis on ecological and behavioral evolution – in keeping with modern research.
- Fully up to date with recent fossil finds and interpretations; integration of genetic and paleoanthropological approaches.
Keywords: evolution; human; introduction; indepth; principles; study; questions; theory; fundamentals; important; field; approaches; molecular; evolutionary; genetics; context; timely; textbook; perspective; modern; biological; foley; successful, Animal Development, Human Evolution, Animal Development, Human Evolution