Matthews, Gary G.
Cellular Physiology of Nerve and Muscle
Cellular Physiology of Nerve and Muscle, Fourth Edition offers a state of the art introduction to the basic physical, electrical and chemical principles central to the function of nerve and muscle cells. The text begins with an overview of the origin of electrical membrane potential, then clearly illustrates the cellular physiology of nerve cells and muscle cells. Throughout, this new edition simplifies difficult concepts with accessible models and straightforward descriptions of experimental results.
- An all-new introduction to electrical signaling in the nervous system.
- Expanded coverage of synaptic transmission and synaptic plasticity.
- A quantitative overview of the electrical properties of cells.
- New detailed illustrations.
- Matthews, Gary G.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 248 pages
- Medicine, Health Care, Mode
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN