- Opens with an overview of magmatic ore-forming processes
- Moves systematically through hydrothermal and sedimentary metallogenic environments, covering as it does the entire gamut of mineral deposit types, including the fossil fuels and supergene ores
- The final chapter relates metallogeny to global tectonics by examining the distribution of mineral deposits in space and time
- Boxed examples of world famous ore deposits are featured throughout providing context and relevance to the process-oriented descriptions of ore genesis
- Brings the discipline of economic geology back into the realm of conventional mainstream earth science by emphasizing the fact that mineral deposits are simply one of the many natural wonders of geological process and evolution.
Artwork from the book is available to instructors at www.blackwellpublishing.com/robb.
Keywords: specifically; textbook; undergraduate; geological; first senior; introduction; focus; multiplicity; postgraduate; processes; oreforming; magmatic; overview; hydrothermal; metallogenic; sedimentary; environments; systematically; deposit; mineral, Geology & Geophysics, Geology & Geophysics