This textbook is aimed at the majority of students, who need to quickly acquire a concise overview of soil science. Many current soil science textbooks still cater for a traditional student market where students embark on three years study in a narrow discipline. The growth in modular degree schemes has meant that soil science is now often taught as self-standing unit as part of broad based degree program. Students pursuing this type of course are increasingly reluctant to purchase expensive textbooks that are too detailed and often assume a scientific background. For those opting to specialise in soil science there are a variety of good textbooks to choose from. This short informative guide, will be particularly useful for students who do not possess a traditional scientific background, such as those studying geography, environment science, ecology and agriculture.
- Only textbook to cater for introductory courses in soil science.
- Provides an affordable concise overview of soil science.
- Learning exercises and chapter summaries enhance usability.
- Annotated suggestions for further reading.
- Based on proven and successful modular course structure.
- Emphasis on readability and interactive learning.
- No scientific background assumed.
Keywords: Soil Science & Geoarchaeology