From the Somme to Gallipoli to the home front, First World War For Dummies provides an authoritative, accessible, and engaging introduction to the War to End All Wars. It takes a global perspective of this global conflict, proving insight into the actions and motivations of the participants and how each nation’s story fits into the wider one.
Coverage also includes:
- The origins of the war and a snapshot of what the world looked like at the beginning of the 20th century
- The battles of Western Europe, and action in the Southern and Eastern Fronts
- The war at home — the civilian war, propaganda, opposition, politics, protests, and more
- 1918: The German spring offensive, the Allied success and the beginning of the end
- The Treaty of Versailles, the League of Nations, and the effect on the future
First World War For Dummies is the go-to source for readers seeking to learn more about the fundamental event of the 20th century.
Keywords: Twentieth Century & Contemporary History