A practical resource filled with information, tips, and checklists for helping kids with autism
This useful, accessible guide offers teachers and parents a better understanding of children on the autism spectrum and provides them with the kinds of support and intervention they need. Written in an easy-to-read checklist format, the book is filled with up-to-date research, practical advice, and helpful resources on a wide range of topics. The book covers five areas: basic information on autism, checklists for parents, checklists for teachers, effective support strategies, and helpful resources.
- Provides vital, accessible information for parents and teachers working with children in the autism spectrum
- Contains a wealth of useful strategies, information, and resources
- A volume in the popular Jossey-Bass Checklist series
- Offers a comprehensive yet affordable resource
- Kluth is the bestselling author of You're Going to Love This Kid!: Teaching Students with Autism
Keywords: Special Educational Needs, information about autism, information about children with autism, resources for autistic children, resources for autistic kids, working with autism spectrum disorder, working with kids with autism spectrum disorder, guidance for working with kids with autism, guide for working with autism, guide for working with autism spectrum disorder, help with autism, autistic kid, autistic student, autistic son, autistic daughter, social skills for autism, asperger?s, asperger, aspergers syndrome, pervasive developmental disorder, PDD-NOS, autism, ASD, autism spectrum disorders, living on the spectrum