- Provides guidance to managers, safety professionals, educators and students on having operational risk management systems that meet the requirements of Z10.
- Emphasizes Management Leadership and Employee Involvement, the most important section in Z10, with particular reference to contributions that employees can make.
- A new provision was added to Z10 on Risk Assessment which along with Avoidance of Human Error is addressed.
- Revised and expanded coverage of Management of Change and The Procurement Process
- New chapters cover Macro Thinking – The Socio-Technical Model; Safety Professionals as Culture Change Agents; Prevention through Design, and A Primer on System Safety
Keywords: health; effectiveness; safety; provisions; ansi edition; first; chapters; four additional; research; current; practice; macro; agents; sociotechnical; primer; culture; system; model; change; prevention; serious; error; version; revised, Occupational Health & Safety, General & Introductory Chemical Engineering, Occupational Health & Safety, General & Introductory Chemical Engineering