HR For Small Business For Dummies
More than 87 percent of Australian workplaces are small businesses employing fewer than 20 people. These small business owners know their markets, know their customers, and know how to make their small business run. What they may not know is the "people stuff." HR for Small Business For Dummies, Australian Edition, explains the simple ins and outs of human resources for businesses too small to have a dedicated HR staff. When it comes to the daunting task of complying with employment regulations, small businesses are treated no differently than big businesses, so it's imperative for small business owners to understand the regulatory framework that governs every phase of the employee/employer relationship in Australia.
- Presents practical guidance on every major aspect of human resources for Australian small businesses
- Covers key topics including recruitment, paperwork, workplace conflict, non-discrimination policies, wages, superannuation, workers compensation, unfair dismissal, redundancy, and more
- Includes links to downloadable online resources, including checklists, sample forms, model policies, and guides
- Ideal for small business owners and entrepreneurs, students of human resources, and independent contractors looking to grow their business
When it comes to hiring and managing employees in your small business, failing to understand human resources and employment regulations can cost you a bundle. HR for Small Business For Dummies makes human resources easy—so you can focus on business.
Keywords: Small Business & Entrepreneurship, human resources, human resources for small business for dummies, Australian human resources, Australian employment regulations, Australian human resources guide, Australian human resources book, human resources in Australia, employment law in Australia, employment regulations in Australia, small business human resources, human resources for Australian small businesses
- Maguire, Paul
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 384 pages
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN