A Companion to Chinese History
presents a collection of essays offering a comprehensive overview of the latest intellectual developments in the study of China’s history from the ancient past up until the present day.
- Covers the major trends in the study of Chinese history from antiquity to the present day
- Considers the latest scholarship of historians working in China and around the world
- Explores a variety of long-range questions and themes which serves to bridge the conventional divide between China’s traditional and modern eras
- Addresses China’s connections with other nations and regions and enables non-specialists to make comparisons with their own fields
- Features discussion of traditional topics and chronological approaches as well as newer themes such as Chinese history in relation to sexuality, national identity, and the environment
Chinese history; Chinese historiography; China studies; Sinology; Chinese dynasties; China dynasties; Asian history; world history, Asian & Australasian History