Global Communication is the most definitive text on multi-national communication and media conglomerates, exploring how global media influences both audiences and policy makers around the world. This new edition is comprehensively updated to reflect the many fast moving developments associated with this dynamic field.
- A new edition of the most definitive text on multi-national communication and media conglomerates, each chapter updated with extensive new details
- Covers the expanding area of global communication and describes major multimedia conglomerates, particularly in the USA, including the purchase of NBC-Universal by Comcast and Disney's expansion in China
- Includes new information on the phone hacking scandal by News Corporation’s employees in the UK
- Explains the significant changes in the communication industry both in the US and elsewhere
- Chronicles the continuing story of the development of Arab Media with new coverage on the Arab Spring
- Offers an updated companion website with instructor's manual, test banks and student activities, available upon publication at www.wiley.com/go/mcphail
Keywords: Communication Studies, Global communication, multi-national communication, media conglomerates, global media, CNN, BBC, AP, Reuters, Euronews, Al Jazeera, conglomerates, public diplomacy, ITU, internet, internet usage, UNESCO, NWICO, IPDC, Disney, News Corp Holdings, NBC, Time Warner, Viacom, communication stakeholders, Euromedia, EPS, EBU, Euronews, VOA, global news agencies, Arab media, Arab Spring, Bollywood Incorporates, YouTube, MySpace, Twitter, Mobile Media, Journalism, Media Studies, textbook, course