A comprehensive text addressing the high demand for network, cloud, and content services through cutting-edge research on data pricing and business strategies
Smart Data Pricing tackles the timely issue of surging demand for network, cloud, and content services and corresponding innovations in pricing these services to benefit consumers, operators, and content providers. The pricing of data traffic and other services is central to the core challenges of network monetization, growth sustainability, and bridging the digital divide. In this book, experts from both academia and industry discuss all aspects of smart data pricing research and development, including economic analyses, system development, user behavior evaluation, and business strategies.
Smart Data Pricing:
• Presents the analysis of leading researchers from industry and academia surrounding the pricing of network services and content.
• Discusses current trends in mobile and wired data usage and their economic implications for content providers, network operators, end users, government regulators, and other players in the Internet ecosystem.
• Includes new concepts and background technical knowledge that will help researchers and managers effectively monetize their networks and improve user quality-of-experience.
• Provides cutting-edge research on business strategies and initiatives through a diverse collection of perspectives.
• Combines academic and industry expertise from multiple disciplines and business organizations.
The ideas and background of the technologies and economic principles discussed within these chapters are of real value to practitioners, researchers, and managers in identifying trends and deploying new pricing and network management technologies, and will help support managers in identifying new business directions and innovating solutions to challenging business problems.
Keywords: Telecommunication economics; data congestion; monetization of spectrum challenges and trends; smart data pricing; two-sided pricing innovations; hardware support; regulatory hurdles, Communication Technology, Communication Technology
- Chiang, Mung
- Ha, Sangtae
- Joe-Wong, Carlee
- Sen, Soumya
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Information and Communication Technology Series,
- Page amount
- 536 pages
- Technology, Energy, Traffic
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN