The Classical Tradition: Art, Literature, Thought presents an authoritative, coherent and wide-ranging guide to the afterlife of Greco-Roman antiquity in later Western cultures and a ground-breaking reinterpretation of large aspects of Western culture as a whole from a classical perspective.
- Features a unique combination of chronological range, cultural scope, coherent argument, and unified analysis
- Written in a lively, engaging, and elegant manner
- Presents an innovative overview of the afterlife of antiquity
- Crosses disciplinary boundaries to make new sense of a rich variety of material, rarely brought together
- Fully illustrated with a mix of color and black & white images
Keywords: Reception of the Ancient World, Reception of Ancient Greece, Reception of Ancient Rome, Greco-Roman, Latin, Ancient Greek, ancient translation, hermeneutics, ancient culture, foundation of Western culture, Greek Art, Roman Art, influences of Western culture, reference, scholarship, ancient philosophy, ancient politics