A cutting-edge look at the application of micro and nanotechnologies in regenerative medicine
The area at the interface of micro/nanotechnology and stem cells/tissue engineering has seen an explosion of activity in recent years. This book provides a much-needed overview of these exciting developments, covering all aspects of micro and nanotechnologies, from the fundamental principles to the latest research to applications in regenerative medicine.
Written and edited by the top researchers in the field, Micro and Nanotechnologies in Engineering Stem Cells and Tissues describes advances in material systems along with current techniques available for cell, tissue, and organ studies. Readers will gain tremendous insight into the state of the art of stem cells and tissue engineering, and learn how to use the technology in their own research or clinical trials. Coverage includes:
- Technologies for controlling or regulating stem cell and tissue growth
- Various engineering approaches for stem cell, vascular tissue, and bone regeneration
- The design and processing of biocompatible polymers and other biomaterials
- Characterization of the interactions between cells and biomaterials
Unrivaled among books of this kind, Micro and Nanotechnologies in Engineering Stem Cells and Tissues is the ultimate forward-looking reference for researchers in numerous disciplines, from engineering and materials science to biomedicine, and for anyone wishing to understand the trends in this transformative field.
Keywords: Tissue, Cell, and Genetic Engineering, micro and nanotechnologies in stem cells and tissue engineering, ramalingam, tissue engineering, regenerative medicine, stem cell engineering, cell and tissue reaction engineering, meyer, artmann, eibl
- Ramalingam, Murugan
- Jabbari, Esmaiel
- Ramakrishna, Seeram
- Khademhosseini, Ali
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- IEEE Press Series on Biomedical Engineering
- Page amount
- 328 pages
- Gardening, Agriculture, Forestry
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN