A practical introduction for using iOS 6 to create universal apps
If you have prior experience programming in an object-oriented language and are eager to start building universal apps for iPad and iPhone (including the iPod touch), then this is the book for you! Using the latest version of iOS (iOS 6) along with the latest version of Xcode (Xcode 4.5), this book is a practical introduction rather than just a catalog of components. Full-color and packed with groundbreaking, innovative designs, this book teaches you how to create eye-catching, unique apps.
- Teaches you the various aspects of iOS development, beginning with getting started with iOS 6, getting Up to Speed with Xcode, and learning the tools and Objective-C
- Reviews building the user interface with Xcode and Interface Builder
- Details how to set up your app in iTunes connect and distribute it through the app store
- Walks you through adding features like geo-location and twitter sharing
- Helps you avoid common pitfalls and design decisions related to user experience and iOS programming
iOS 6 Foundations is organized so that each chapter builds on the previous, providing you with a finished app by the end of the book.
Keywords: Programming & Software Development, iOS 6, how to use iOS 6, new features of iOS 6, capabilities of iOS 6, what can iOS 6 do, how to build apps with iOS 6, book on how to build apps with iOS 6, how to develop apps with iOS 6, book on how to develop apps with iOS 6, getting started with iOS 6, instructions for building apps with iOS 6