Sport in Industrial America, 1850-1920 presents the second edition of Stephen A. Riess’s well-loved synthesis of the development of sport during one of the most transformational times in the nation’s history.
- New edition maintains the book’s acclaimed level of research, analysis, and readability
- Explores topics including urbanization, ethnicity, class, sport in educational institutions, women in sport, and sport’s role in manifesting city, regional, and national pride.
- Includes an entirely new chapter on the globalization of American sport
- Includes a new bank of photographs and images.
- Features a newly revised and updated Bibliographical Essay
Keywords: US History