This comprehensive volume brings together a distinguished editorial team, including some of the field’s pioneers, to explore the aims, practice, and historical context of interfaith collaboration.
- Explores in full the background, history, objectives, and discourse between the leaders and practitioners of the world’s major religions
- Examines relations between religions from around the world, moving well beyond the common focus on Christianity, to also cover over 12 major religions
- Features a wealth of case studies on contemporary interreligious dialogue
- Charts a long-term shift away from a competitive rivalry between belief systems, and a change in focus towards the more respectful, cooperative approach reflected in institutions such as the World Council of Churches
- Includes up-to-date commentary on the growing dialogue of recent years, written by some of the leading figures working in the field of interfaith discourse
Keywords: Comparative & World Religions