Fundamentals of Midwifery: A Textbook for Students makes the subject of midwifery accessible, informative and motivating, ensuring that it is an essential text for the aspiring midwife!
This resource brings together knowledge from a collection of clinical experts and experienced academics to support your learning and prepare you for the challenges faced in contemporary midwifery healthcare. It presents you with the ‘must-have’ information that you need concerning both the theoretical and practical aspects of what it means to be a midwife. With extensive full colour illustrations throughout, as well as activities and scenarios, this user-friendly textbook will support you throughout your entire education programme. Fundamentals of Midwifery is essential reading for all pre-registration student midwives, as well as newly qualified midwives.
• Broad and comprehensive in scope, with chapters on: team working; antenatal care, intrapartum and postnatal care; infant feeding; public health and health promotion; perinatal mental health; complementary therapies; pharmacology and medicines management; and emergencies.
• Interactive and student-friendly in approach, with activities throughout.
• Brings together professional and clinical topics in one user-friendly book.
• Ties in with the latest NMC Standards for pre-registration midwifery education.
• Supported by an online resource centre featuring interactive multiple-choice questions, additional scenarios and activities, and links to further reading.
Keywords: Midwifery, midwifery, student, Team working, Sociology, Psychology, Parenthood, Antenatal, Intranatal, midwifery care, newborn, Infant feeding, Public Health, health promotion, family planning, Contraception, Perinatal mental health, Complimentary therapies, Pharmacology, medicines management, Emergencies in Midwifery, Bereavement, loss