Great Myths of Child Development reveals the latestevidence-based science behind the myths and misconceptions aboutthe developing child.
- Shatters the most commonly-held child development myths
- Reveals the science behind such topical issues astwin-telepathy, sex-prediction, and imaginary friends
- Covers hot-button issues like childhood vaccines, spankings,“time-outs,” and breastfeeding of older children
- Features numerous pop culture references and examples drawnfrom popular TV shows and movies, such as Duck Dynasty,Modern Family and Mad Men
- Points to a wealth of supplementary resources for interestedparents—from evidence-based treatments and self-help books torelevant websites
Keywords: Childhood, Child development
Child development, childhood, childhood development, child rearing, childhood myths, child rearing myths, child vaccines, child spanking, imaginary friends, teen sex, teenagers, teenage sex, twin-telepathy, sex-prediction, infant behavior, pre-natal care, day-care, developing child, parenting, education, divorce, child care,