Fully revised and expanded by 30%, X-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometry, Second Edition incorporates the latest industrial and scientific trends in all areas. It updates all previous material and adds new chapters on such topics as the history of X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy, the design of X-ray spectrometers, state-of-the-art applications, and X-ray spectra.
Ron Jenkins draws on his extensive experience in training and consulting industry professionals for this clear and concise treatment, covering first the basic aspects of X rays, then the methodology of X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy and available instrumentation. He offers a comparison between wavelength and energy dispersive spectrometers as well as step-by-step guidelines to X-ray spectrometric techniques for qualitative and quantitative analysis-from specimen preparation to real-world industrial application.
Favored by the American Chemical Society and the International Centre for Diffraction Data, X-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometry, Second Edition is an ideal introduction for newcomers to the field and an invaluable reference for experienced spectroscopists-in chemical analysis, geology, metallurgy, and materials science.
An up-to-date review of X-ray spectroscopic techniques. This proven guidebook for industry professionals is thoroughly updated and expanded to reflect advances in X-ray analysis over the last decade. X-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometry, Second Edition includes:
* The history of X-ray fluorescence spectrometry-new to this edition.
* A critical review of the most useful X-ray spectrometers.
* Techniques and procedures for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
* Modern applications and industrial trends.
* X-ray spectra-new to this edition.
- Jenkins, Ron
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Chemical Analysis: A Series of Monographs on Analytical Chemistry and Its Applications
- Natural Sciences
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN