Mount Sinai Expert Guides: Gastroenterology will providephysicianswith an extremely clinical and accessible handbook covering the major GI diseases and symptoms, their diagnosis and clinical management.
Perfect as a point-of-care resource on the hospital wards andalso as a refresher for board exam preparation,the focus throughout is onproviding rapid reference, essential information on each disease to allow for quick, easy browsing and assimilation of the must-know information. All chapters follow a consistent template including the following features:
- An opening bottom-line/key points section
- Classification, pathogenesis andprevention of disease
- Evidence-based diagnosis, including relevant algorithms, laboratory and imaging tests, and potential pitfalls when diagnosing a patient
- Disease management including commonly used medications with dosages, when to perform surgery, management algorithms and how topreventcomplications
- How to manage special populations, ie, in pregnancy, children and the elderly
- The very latest evidence-based results,major society guidelines (ASG/ACG/UEGW) and key external sources to consult
In addition, the book comes withacompanion website housing extra features such ascase studies withrelatedquestions for self-assessment,key patient advice and ICD codes. Each guide also has its own mobile app available for purchase, allowing you rapid access to the key features wherever you may be.
If you specialise in gastroenterology andrequire a concise, practical guide to the clinical management of GI disease,bought to you by one of world's leading hospitals,then this is the perfect book for you.
Keywords: guides; physicians; range; therapeutic; quick; expert; specialist; across; clinical; provide; information; pointofcare; access; sinai; area; pitfalls; scientific; complications; emphasize; algorithms; treatment; key; common; diagnosis; medicine, General & Internal Medicine, General & Internal Medicine