Girls, Delinquency, and Juvenile Justice
The new edition of Girls, Delinquency, and Juvenile Justice combines cutting-edge research and expanded coverage of girls’ delinquency, including coverage of girls in gangs and the sexual trafficking of girls, to provide students with an accessible, up-to-date, and globally oriented textbook.
- Including global perspectives and coverage of cutting-edge research, this is the only textbook to deal exclusively with girls and crime
- Offers expanded coverage of girls in gangs and emerging literature on the sexual trafficking of girls
- Pulls together and analyzes all existing literature on the subject of female delinquency
- Brings to light new research on a wide range of issues, including the conditions of confinement for girls incarcerated in juvenile jails and prisons, Latina girls, and gender responsive programming
- Explores the moral panic around "violent," "bad," and "mean" girls
Keywords: Criminology, gangs, sex trafficking, female delinquency, juvenile jails
- Chesney-Lind, Meda
- Shelden, Randall G.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 360 pages
- Upbringing, Education
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN