Cryptography Engineering: Design Principles and Practical Applications
Cryptography is vital to keeping information safe, in an era when the formula to do so becomes more and more challenging. Written by a team of world-renowned cryptography experts, this essential guide is the definitive introduction to all major areas of cryptography: message security, key negotiation, and key management. You'll learn how to think like a cryptographer. You'll discover techniques for building cryptography into products from the start and you'll examine the many technical changes in the field.
After a basic overview of cryptography and what it means today, this indispensable resource covers such topics as block ciphers, block modes, hash functions, encryption modes, message authentication codes, implementation issues, negotiation protocols, and more. Helpful examples and hands-on exercises enhance your understanding of the multi-faceted field of cryptography.
- An author team of internationally recognized cryptography experts updates you on vital topics in the field of cryptography
- Shows you how to build cryptography into products from the start
- Examines updates and changes to cryptography
- Includes coverage on key servers, message security, authentication codes, new standards, block ciphers, message authentication codes, and more
Cryptography Engineering gets you up to speed in the ever-evolving field of cryptography.
Keywords: Cryptography, updates in cryptography, cryptography updates, coverage on cryptography, guide to cryptography, introduction to cryptography, cryptography guide, cryptography introduction, message security, block ciphers, block cipher modes, hash functions, message authentication codes, the secure channel, implementation issues, key negotiation, introduction to cryptographic protocols, key management, key servers, Bruce Schneier, books by Bruce Schneier, Bruce Schneier books, Niels Ferguson, Niels Ferguson books, books by Niels Ferguson, Tadayoshi Kohno, Yoshi Kohno
- Ferguson, Niels
- Schneier, Bruce
- Kohno, Tadayoshi
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 384 pages
- Information Technology, Telecommunications
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN