This companion brings together a team of contemporary theologians and writers to provide substantial introductions to the key people who shaped the Christian story and tradition.
- A substantial reference work, bringing together over 75 entries on the most important and influential theologians in the history of Christianity
- Structured accessibly around five periods: early centuries, middle ages, reformation period, the Enlightenment, and the twentieth-century to the present
- A to Z entries range from substantial essays to shorter overviews, each of which locates the theologian in their immediate context, summarizes the themes of their work, and explains their significance
- Covers a broad span of theologians, from Augustine to Thomas Aquinas, through to C. S. Lewis, James Cone, and Rosemary Radford Reuther
- Provides profiles of key Catholic, protestant, evangelical, and progressive theologians
- Includes a useful timeline to orientate the reader, reading lists, and a glossary of key terms
Keywords: General & Introductory Religion & Theology, History of Christianity, theology, Augustine, Aquinas, C.S. Lewis, Catholic, Protestant, Evangelical