The second edition of Environmental Ethics combines a strong theoretical foundation with applications to some of the most pressing environmental problems. Through a mix of classic and new essays, it discusses applied issues such as pollution, climate change, animal rights, biodiversity, and sustainability. Roughly half of the selections are original essays new to this edition.
- Accessible introduction for beginners, including important established essays and new essays commissioned especially for the volume
- Roughly half of the selections are original essays new to this edition, including an entirely new chapter on Pollution and climate change and a new section on Sustainability
- Includes new material on ethical theory as a grounding for understanding the ethical dimensions of the environment, our interactions with it, and our place in it
- The text incorporates helpful pedagogy, including extensive editorial material, cases, and study questions
- Includes key information on recent developments in the field
- Presents a carefully selected set of readings designed to progressively move the reader to competency in subject comprehension and essay writing
Keywords: Environmental Ethics, Boylan, Environmental ethics, pollution, climate change, sustainability, ethic theory, animal rights, biodiversity, environmental problems, global warming, environmental philosophy, applied ethics, ethics and public policy, social and political philosophy, environmentalism, environmental studies