Fundamentals of Medical-Surgical Nursing: a Systems Approach is a comprehensive yet easy-to-read overview of medical and surgical nursing, designed specifically to support all nursing students learning to care for the adult patient. Highly illustrated and with an easy-to-follow systems-based structure, it provides a thorough foundation in anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, medical management, and nursing care for the full spectrum of adult health conditions.
Key features include:
- Extensive coverage of principles of nursing assessment, medication administration, infection prevention and control, and nutritional care
- Key need-to-know-information and definitions for the anatomy, physiology, and pathology of a range of illnesses and conditions
- Detailed overviews of nursing care, including patient education, treatment, and complications
- An online resource centre with a range of extras for both lecturers and students, including case studies, reflective activities, interactive multiple choice questions, and further reading lists
Fundamentals of Medical-Surgical Nursing: a Systems Approach is the ideal textbook to help students succeed on their adult nursing course.
It is also available:
- as a Wiley E-Text, powered by VitalSource: an interactive digital version of the book featuring downloadable text and images, highlighting and note-taking facilities, book-marking, cross-referencing, in-text searching, and linking to references and glossary terms.
- instantly on CourseSmart at http://www.coursesmart.co.uk/9780470658239. CourseSmart offers extra functionality, as well as an immediate way to review the text. For more details, visit www.coursesmart.com/instructors or www.coursesmart.com/students.
Keywords: Nursing General, resource on the fundamentals of surgical nursing, perioperative nursing, high dependency nursing, emergency nursing, principles of nursing assessment, principles of medication administration, principles of infection prevention and control, principles of nutritional care, physiology, pathophysiology, medical management