This is Ethics presents an accessible and engaging introduction to a variety of issues relating to contemporary moral philosophy.
- Covers a wide range of topics which are actively debated in contemporary moral philosophy
- Addresses the nature of happiness, well-being, and the meaning of life, the role of moral principles in moral thinking, moral motivation, and moral responsibility
- Covers timely ethical issues such as population growth and climate change
- Offers additional resources at www.thisisphilosophy.com
- Features extensive annotated bibliographies, summaries, and study questions for further investigation
- Written in an accessible, jargon-free manner using helpful illustrative examples
Keywords: Ethics, Ethics, morality, morals, moral philosophy, metaethics, normative ethics, applied ethics, happiness, well-being, meaning of life, responsibility, climate change, moral theory, Moral Fallibility, Tolerance, Multiculturalism, Divine Command Theory, Euthyphro Dilemma, God, Moral Realism, Naturalism, Intuitionism, Foundationalism, Knowledge, Motivation, Expressivism, Judgment, Beliefs, Desires, Will, Internalism, Amoralists, Bad People, Depression, Expressivism, Frege-Geach Problem, Responsibility, Causal Responsibility, Attributability, The Agency Condition, Freedom, Consequence, Luck, Population Growth, Climate Change, Non-Identity Effect, Utility, Personal Obligations, Social Action