The Wiley Blackwell Companion to Tourism presents a collection of readings that represent an essential and authoritative reference on the state-of-the-art of the interdisciplinary field of tourism studies.
- Presents a comprehensive and critical overview of tourism studies across the social sciences
- Introduces emerging topics and reassesses key themes in tourism studies in the light of recent developments
- Includes 50 newly commissioned essays by leading experts in the social sciences from around the world
- Contains cutting-edge perspectives on topics that include tourism’s role in globalization, sustainable tourism, and the state’s role in tourism development
- Sets an agenda for future tourism research and includes a wealth of bibliographic references
Keywords: Travel & Tourism, Geography of tourism, tourism, tourists, tourism studies, tourist studies, human geography, sports tourism, medical tourism, tropical tourism, international tourism, environmental tourism, sustainable tourism, heritage studies, tourism and environment, community tourism, tourism 3.0, tourism and technology