Eclipse of Grace offers original insights into the roots of modern theology by introducing systematic theologians and Christian ethicists to Hegel through a focus on three of his seminal texts: Phenomenology of Spirit, Science of Logic, and Lectures on the Philosophy of Religion.
- Presents brilliant and original insights into Hegel’s significance for modern theology
- Argues that, theologically, Hegel has been misconstrued and that much more can be gained by focusing on the logic that he develops out of an engagement with Christian doctrines
- Features an original structure organized as a set of commentaries on individual Hegel texts, and not just presenting overviews of his entire corpus
- Offers detailed engagement with Hegel’s texts rather than relying on generalizations about Hegelian philosophy
- Provides an illuminating, accessible and lucid account of the thinking of the major figures in modern German philosophy and theology
Keywords: Systematic Theology