Features a comprehensive treatment on the use of modeling and simulation support for system of systems engineering as well as best practices in the industry
Modeling and Simulation Support for System of Systems Engineering Applications provides a comprehensive overview of the underlying theory, methods, and solutions in modeling and simulation support for system of systems engineering. Highlighting plentiful multidisciplinary applications of modeling and simulation, the book addresses the criteria and challenges found within the field.
Beginning with a foundation of concepts, terms, and categories, the book introduces a theoretical and generalized approach to system of systems engineering, and presents real-world applications via case studies and examples. A unified approach is maintained in an effort to understand the complexity of a single system as well as the context among other proximate systems. In addition, the book features:
- Cutting edge coverage of modeling and simulation within the field of system of systems, including transportation, system health management, space mission analysis, systems engineering methodology, and energy State-of-the-art advances within multiple domains to instantiate theoretic insights, applicable methods, and lessons learned from real-world applications of modeling and simulation
- The challenges of system of systems engineering using a systematic and holistic approach
- Key concepts, terms, and activities to provide a comprehensive, unified, and concise representation of the field
- A collection of chapters written by over 40 recognized international experts from academia, government, and industry
- A research agenda derived from the contribution of experts that guides scholars and researchers towards open questions
Modeling and Simulation Support for System of Systems Engineering Applications is an ideal reference and resource for academics and practitioners in operations research, engineering, statistics, mathematics, modeling and simulation, and computer science. The book is also an excellent course book for graduate and PhD-level courses in modeling and simulation, engineering, and computer science.
Keywords: Systems Engineering & Management, Modeling and simulation
Modeling and simulation, System of systems engineering, Management science, Operations research, Mathematical modelling, Systems engineering methodology, Systems-of-Systems Development, Composability, Tradespace Exploration, Data Policy Definition, Verification for System of Systems Governance, System Health Management, Architecture Design, Homeland Security, Air Transportation, Systems Systemigram Modeling, Contextualizing Complexity in System of Systems, European Space Agency, Modeling and Simulation for Microgrids using DDDAMS, Composition of Behavior Models, Effects-Based Analysis, Battle Management and Communications, System-of-Systems Security