Editors Neal Chalofsky, Tonette Rocco, and Michael Lane Morris have compiled a collection of chapters sponsored by the Academy of Human Resource Development that provide revolutionary insight into the concepts, theories, research initiatives, and practical applications essential to HRD. Topics range from HRD foundations, workforce development, and management to more specific topics such as implementing and managing HRD initiatives in the organization. The chapters are written by professionals who offer a wide range of experience and who represent the industry from varying international and demographic perspectives. The questions addressed include:
• Nationally and internationally, how does HRD stand with regard to academic study and research?
• What is its place in the professional world?
• What are the philosophies, values, and critical perspectives driving HRD forward?
• What theories, research initiatives, and other ideas are required to understand HRD and function successfully within this field?
• As the industry grows, what are the challenges and important issues that professionals expect to face? What hot topics are occupying these professionals now?
The Handbook’s insight and guidelines allows both students and HR professionals to build a fundamental understanding of HRD as an industry, as a field of research, and for future professional success.
Keywords: Training & Development