This revised edition of A History of Old English Literature draws extensively on the latest scholarship to have evolved over the last decade. The text incorporates additional material throughout, including two new chapters on Anglo-Saxon manuscripts and incidental and marginal texts.
- This revised edition responds to the renewed historicism in medieval studies
- Provides wide-ranging coverage, including Anglo-Latin literature as well as non-canonical writings
- Includes new chapters on manuscripts and on marginal and incidental texts
- Incorporates expanded coverage of legal texts and scientific and scholastic texts, now treated in separate chapters
- Demonstrates that the field of Anglo-Saxon studies is uniquely placed to contribute to current literary debates