Male Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms and Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia provides urologists of all levels with a practical, highly clinical guide to the variety of different symptoms and problems concerning the male lower urinary tract, including benign prostatic hyperplasia, one of the conditions that urologists most regularly encounter.
Evidence-based throughout and written by the world's leading experts in the topic, it comprehensively reviews the very latest in diagnostics and imaging, patient phenotyping, genetic studies, medical and surgical therapies, and lifestyle management in order to help clinicians best manage their patients.
Highlights include chapters on:
- Alpha-Adrenergic Antagonists for Lower Urinary Symptoms Secondary to Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Phosphodiesterase Type 5 inhibitors for Male LUTS
- Combination Medical Therapy for Male LUTS
- Open Simple Prostatectomy
- Minimally Invasive Therapies
- Monopolar and Bipolar Transurethral Resection of the Prostate
- GreenLight Laser Therapy
Containing pitfall boxes and key points throughout to aid quick and easy understanding of the key information, this excellent book is an essential read for the modern-day urologist.