Reviews of previous editions:
"...a well conceived practical guide to the interpretation and treatment of the main cardiac rhythm disturbances."
"This book presents a concise and simplified approach to the diagnosis and management of abnormalities in cardiac rhythm.... One of the book's strengths is the number and quality of electrocardiographic tracings"
—New England Journal of Medicine
"...this book provides an excellent foundation for all those involved in the care of arrhythmia patients"
—British Journal of Hospital Medicine
"…would recommend it unreservedly to anaesthetists who wish to improve their knowledge of cardiac arrhythmias"
—British Journal of Anaesthesia
"This book about cardiac arrhythmias is of much educational value"
—European Heart Journal
A trusted source for junior doctors, students, nurses and cardiac technicians for over 30 years, the new edition of this classic reference continues the winning formula of previous editions while at the same time incorporating essential new content on today's most important clinical topics, including:
- Atrial fibrillation: ablation, drugs, rate control versus rhythm control, risk of systemic embolism, prognosis
- Indications for and management of implantable defibrillators including complications such as arrhythmia storms
- Indications for pacemaker implantation
- Anticoagulant therapy (for atrial fibrillation)
- Long QT syndromes and other channelopathies
- Recently-approved anti-arrhythmia drugs
The 8th edition also features the latest guidelines on ECG screening of athletes and clear guidance for anaesthetists and surgeons dealing with patients with arrhythmias an/or implantable devices. Rich with example ECGs and designed for ease of access to information, Bennett's Cardiac Arrhythmias is the reference you can trust to help you master arrhythmia diagnosis and provide optimal treatment of any patient under your care.
Keywords: Cardiovascular Disease