An authoritative reference, complete with applications, operating principles, and simple tools for construction, engineering, and design professionals
Solar Energy: Technologies and Project Delivery for Buildings enables mainstream MEP engineering, construction, and architectural design firms to meet the growing demand for solar energy in building projects. It provides technical and design information usually only known to solar energy specialists, and simplifies solar design and engineering processes. The sample documentation in this guide enables a staff engineer at a design firm to deliver a solar project just like a solar energy specialist. No other book provides the special tools and detailed information needed for the complete design of a solar energy system.
Numerous helpful features streamline the design process and guide the user through the fine points of solar energy systems. These include:
- Easy-to-use checklists, tips, and warnings to consider at each project step
- Cost data and detailed cost estimate tables
- Sample schematic diagrams and specifications for each technology measure
- Simple hand calculations for sizing and savings estimates (life cycle cost examples)
- Important codes and standards related to each technology
- Case-study examples and firsthand interviews with leading practitioners
Solar Energy: Technologies and Project Delivery for Buildings is an indispensable resource for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineers, as well as architects and construction professionals.
Keywords: Building Design, solar energy systems design, solar energy systems, solar design, solar building design, solar energy projects, solar water heating systems design, photovoltaic systems design, solar engineering, solar energy engineering