The successful trial, deployment, operation and troubleshooting of 3G or UMTS infrastructures and applications is the biggest challenge facing today’s mobile communications. Network element instability, network element and multi-vendor interoperability, configuration and network planning faults are just a few of the challenges affecting performance and profitability that need to be addressed. This book is an invaluable guide to resolving such problems.
Highlights of the Second Edition:
- Includes new information and scenarios on HSPA / HSDPA / HSUPA, and IMS
- Covers not only WCDMA, but also TD-SCDMA issues
- Contains up-to-date information on releases 5 and 6, and includes a new chapter on the future releases 7 and 8
- Provides crucial information for network operators and equipment suppliers keen to understand how to handle and analyse UMTS signaling procedures in order to get the network into operation, detect errors and troubleshoot faults
- Uses first hand, real world information to explain issues which are unclear in the standards
- Includes comprehensive descriptions and documentation of UMTS reference scenarios for different UMTS procedures
The unified comprehensive approach taken by the authors makes this book essential reading for engineers in network operators, integrators or system suppliers who need to be at the cutting edge of this technology. It will also be an invaluable resource for postgraduates on telecommunications courses, especially those with a focus on signal analysis.
Keywords: Mobile & Wireless Communications